WANT A PICTURE-PERFECT SMILE? — CALL (855) 328-6646 NOW
"I had a complete upper plate of implants done about four years ago. The work is very expertly accomplished and the staff is very courteous."
— Y.E. on Google
About Cunning Dental Group
We specialize in dental implants.
Ronald Cunning D.D.S. is the founder of Cunning Dental Group — one of the top dental clinics in California. Dr. Ronald Cunning is an authority in his field with over 53 years of experience in cosmetic and implant dentistry.
Today, Cunning Dental Group includes two offices: one in Montclair and one in San Diego where beautiful smiles begin. Our highly experienced staff and dental professionals have one goal: to make your dream set of teeth a reality. We work diligently and closely with our patients to implement excellent oral health and prevent the occurrence of diseases.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are one of the most effective restoration procedures in dentistry and are highly recommended for patients needing to fill gaps created by missing teeth.
Cunning Dental Group offers the highest quality dental implants in the Golden State. An in-demand dental procedure at our clinic, dental implants are titanium posts or frames that our top dental surgeons surgically position into the jawbone beneath your gums. Once in place, we mount or attach replacement teeth onto them. Because dental implants interface with your jawbone, they provide fixed support for artificial teeth. Dental implants are not removable inside your mouth — a crucial factor that eliminates embarrassment when speaking and eating.
Dental Implants video (click video to play)
Implant Bridge video (click video to play)
What are the Signs You Need Dental Implants?
Dental implants may be the best option if you experience one or more of the following:
- Having lost one or more of your natural teeth
- Dissatisfaction with loose dentures or partials
- Bone loss in the jaw area
- Sunken-in look to the face or loss of volume
- A broken tooth that restorative dentistry cannot fix
- Difficulty chewing, eating, and speaking because of your teeth
- An infected tooth that must be pulled out
- Insecurity with your appearance or smile
Schedule An Appointment
with Cunning Dental Group
What are the Types of Dental Implants?
- Individual Dental Implants
If you are missing only one tooth, a single dental implant and a crown can easily replace it. Individual dental implants can take the place of a lost natural tooth without sacrificing the health of surrounding teeth.
- Dental Bridges
We may recommend a dental bridge to restore your smile if more than one tooth is missing.
- Implant-Supported Bridges
An implant-supported bridge is an option that does not depend on natural teeth for support and is instead connected to dental implants. Better stability is just one of the advantages of implant bridges placed at Cunning Dental Group in CA.
- MySecure Smile (MSS) or Bar-Retained, Implant Assisted Overdentures
Our dentists can attach a firm mounting bar on top of two or three dental implants. The bar serves as a locking mechanism that creates a stable mounting point for specially designed dentures to simply and securely snap into place. Traditional bridges fill the space caused by lost teeth, and are then secured in place by crowns attached to the neighboring teeth.
- Teeth in 1 Day - Implant Supported Fixed Prosthesis (ISFP)
Teeth In One Day allows for the minimum number of implants for the maximum number of teeth in less than a day. This is a popular procedure at Cunning Dental Group and it requires a minimum of only four implants to support a full arch of top and bottom teeth.
Dental Implant Procedure: What are the Steps?
The process of placing one or multiple dental implants involves these essential steps:
- Extraction of damaged tooth or teeth
- Jawbone preparation (grafting), if necessary
- Placement of dental implants
- Bone growth and healing
- Placement of implant abutment
- Placement of artificial tooth
It is important to know that completing a traditional dental implant procedure can take a few months. Each person heals differently. The initial few months is dedicated to healing and waiting for the new bone in your jaw to grow and fuse to the dental implant.
What are the Advantages of Implant Dentistry?
If you are wondering why more patients are becoming interested in this innovative technology, here are the top benefits of dental implants:
- Prevents bone loss in the jaw area
- Matches natural teeth
- Prevents facial hollowing
- Enables natural speech
- Reinstates bite force
- Prevents tooth decay and cavities
- Does not require excessive maintenance
- Only needs the same care as natural teeth
- Supports adjacent teeth
- A long-term solution to tooth loss
What is the Success Rate of Dental Implants?
Dental implants in California are among the most successful procedures in general and cosmetic dentistry. Several studies have shown a five-year success rate of 90 percent for upper jaw implants and 95 percent for implants in the lower jaw. There is no 100 percent guarantee that a dental implant surgery will be successful, but choosing the right dentist increases your chances and can help achieve the goal of improving the aesthetic and function of your teeth with long term results.
Who is a Candidate for Dental Implants?
You are an ideal candidate for dental implants if:
Holding Me Back: How Do I Overcome Dental Anxiety?
If you are apprehensive about dental implant surgery, try these tips to curb your negative thoughts:
- Avoid drinking coffee before your appointment. Caffeine is a stimulant that energizes you, but it can also make you feel jittery and nervous.
- Select a low-stress day to set your appointment. Schedule your dental visit over the weekend or at a time when you are less under pressure.
- Breathe normally. People tend to hold their breath when nervous, which can decrease oxygen levels and increase feelings of panic.
- Listen to your favorite playlist. If the sound of the drill bothers you, bring some tunes and your earphones.
- Express your fears with your dentist. Here at Cunning Dental Group, we offer “sleep dentistry” to help patients relax during dental procedures.
We are passionate about your teeth as we strive to provide: