ZOOM! Teeth Whitening at Cunning Dental Group, CA
Say cheese! With Zoom! Teeth Whitening, you can achieve a brighter, whiter smile in about an hour.
SAY GOODBYE TO DISCOLORED TEETH — CALL (855) 328-6646 NOW
"And every time I have returned, it’s always been a great experience. Recently Jeremy has been one of the reasons I have returned. Patient, makes you feel comfortable, great detail with his experience."
— E.J. on yelp
Your pathway to a bright, Captivating New Smile
About Cunning Dental Group
Here at Cunning Dental Group, our mission is to lead the way in California dental care. We want our patients to experience unparalleled dental services through professional, relaxed, and sympathetic cosmetic dentistry, especially regarding dental bleaching.
Founded and headed by Dr. Ronald Cunning D.D.S.— a prestigious member of the American Dental Association — our dental practice believes that everyone deserves a healthy, brilliant smile. Whether you are a long-term tobacco smoker, a caffeine drinker who now has stained teeth, or simply want to whiten your smile — Cunning Dental Group is here to provide the best teeth whitening California has to offer.
Tooth whitening is one of the most in-demand cosmetic dentistry procedures today. It is highly recommended for patients needing to alleviate yellow, darkened, stained, or discolored teeth.
Cunning Dental Group uses the latest teeth whitening technology in the Golden State. A popular procedure at our clinic, Zoom! Professional Teeth Whitening System dramatically lightens teeth in about an hour. Talk about immediate results! Another convenience of ZOOM! in comparison to other treatments is that it eliminates the need for wearing whitening trays for days, making it the ideal choice for on-the-go patients.
Our in-office teeth whitening procedure uses Zoom! Advanced Power Chairside Lamp, which activates a whitening gel and accelerates the lightening or bleaching process. As the gel breaks down, oxygen enters the enamel (the outer layer of teeth) and dentin (lies underneath the outer enamel) to whiten the stained substances.
Specifically, our dental whitening process involves the following essential steps:
- Step 1: : Remove dental debris, plaque, accumulated tartar, and surface staining with a professional dental cleaning.
- Step 2: Cover the lips and gums to isolate the teeth.
- Step 3: Apply whitening gel to the teeth.
- Step 4: Leave the gel in place for 15 minutes while the ZOOM light is activated.
- Step 5: Repeat step 4. Apply the whitening gel for three 15-minute sessions of light activation for a total treatment time of 45 minutes.
- Step 6: Apply fluoride paste to reduce tooth sensitivity.
- Step 7: Enjoy a whiter, better-looking smile.
We will provide you with a ZOOM! home-use touch-up kit, which includes custom-fitted trays that will help you maintain your results. Follow our dentist’s instructions for how and when to use the touch-up kit. Practicing proper oral hygiene, visiting our hygienist for scheduled teeth cleanings, and using toothpaste with whitening agents can also prevent stains from reforming.
In addition, knowing the preventable causes of tooth discoloration can help with maintenance. There are several reasons why teeth can change colors, including:
- Drinking certain beverages. Coffee, tea, and red wine are prime examples of staining culprits. The intense color pigments called chromogens found in such beverages can attach to the white, outer layer of teeth.
- Smoking. Tar and nicotine are two chemicals found in tobacco. Tar is naturally dark, while nicotine is colorless until it combines with oxygen. These chemicals turn into a brownish, surface-staining substance that absorbs into the pores of the enamel and stain your teeth.
- Poor dental hygiene: Because inadequate brushing and flossing allow plaque and stain-producing substances to thrive, they ultimately cause tooth discoloration.
- Trauma. If you have been hit in the mouth, one or more of your teeth may change color as a reaction to the injury. Blood can stain the dentin, leading to a darkened tooth. Tooth discoloration after a traumatic injury may also occur due to the production of a naturally yellow substance called reparative secondary dentin. In these cases, whitening may not be effective, but one of our top cosmetic dentists can discuss other options with you.
- Medications. Tooth discoloration can be a side effect of certain medications, such as antipsychotics, antihistamines, and high blood pressure medicine. Children exposed to antibiotics like doxycycline and tetracycline may have discoloration later in adulthood. Chemotherapy and head and neck radiation can likewise darken teeth. Our skilled dentists can discuss options to correct medication-induced discoloration.
Teeth whitening is becoming more popular as men and women seek to have a celebrity smile. Here are some benefits of teeth whitening:
You are an ideal candidate for Zoom! Professional Tooth Whitening System if you have healthy teeth and gums. Patients with yellow tones to their teeth often respond best to treatment.
However, circumstances under which teeth bleaching may not be recommended or may be less successful include:
- Being younger than 18 years old
- Being pregnant or lactating
- Having worn down enamel, cavities, gum disease, or exposed roots
- Having had dental restorations (veneers, crowns, bonding, bridges)
- Having unrealistic expectations
To assure whether tooth whitening is an option for you, Cunning Dental Group invites you to schedule a no-pressure consultation at our location. We look forward to addressing your concerns.
We want our patients to have complete confidence in our services. That’s why we offer: