Did You Break, Chip or Crack Your Tooth? Don’t Panic
As top dentists in Southern CA, we are masters in the art of mending a broken tooth.
Chipped tooth have you frowning? Cunning Dental Group can help!
Treatment Options for Broken Teeth or Chipped Teeth
Dental Treatments for a broken, cracked or chipped tooth will depend on how bad the damage is. For smaller chips where only a small piece of enamel breaks off, the tooth repair can usually be done simply in one dental visit. A badly cracked, chipped or broken tooth may need a more lengthy dental treatment plan with multiple visits. There are a couple of options for fixing a broken tooth. It really depends on which teeth in your mouth need fixing and how bad was the chip.
Broken or Chipped Tooth Causes
Possible causes of a broken or chipped tooth include:
- Cavities: Cavities can weaken the teeth and greatly increase the chance of a chipped tooth
- Hard Bites: Biting down on something hard, such as an ice cube, a piece of hard candy, or a bone can break a tooth.
- Hard Hit: Trauma to the face, mouth or teeth, such as being hit in the face with a ball while playing sports.
- Poor Hygiene: Poor oral hygiene can make you vulnerable to a chipped or cracked tooth since your enamel is damaged or thinning due to decalcification.
- Bruxism: Excessive teeth grinding or clenching during sleep, called bruxism, can definitely cause a broken, chipped or cracked tooth.
Front Teeth in the Mouth
If you have a small cracked, broken or chipped front tooth in the mouth then a cosmetic dental procedure like tooth bonding is a common fix. You can have those beautiful pearly white teeth and smile with confidence. A large tooth break may require a dental crown. At Cunning Dental Group our patients get the best zirconia crowns that are very strong and look beautiful.
Back Teeth in the Mouth
Cunning Dental Group can help treat the presence of gum disease in your mouth. We can help you prevent or reverse gum disease if it’s caught early enough. Don’t wait, call us or schedule an exam today!