Your Go-To California Dental Practice for Root Canal Therapy
Here at Cunning Dental Group, our endodontic specialists address the root of the problem before it's too late.
A BEAUTIFUL SMILE IS WHAT WE DO — Call (855) 328-6646 Now
Two crowns, a root canal, and a cleaning later, and I found Cunning Dental to be not only affordable, but accommodating as well. These guys are the best! And I feel confident to continue on as a regular patient and schedule cleanings, now that I have accomplished some of the things I otherwise would have had to fly to Mexico to do. They not only provided me with great service, they educated me every step of the way, so I also feel smarter about how I can better maintain my mouth.
— P.C. on Yelp
About Cunning Dental Group
Giving you the finest endodontic care possible
Dr. Ronald Cunning has been providing general and cosmetic dentistry services of distinctive quality with unsurpassed comfort since 1968. Not only is he one of the most experienced and accomplished dentists in California, but he is also a prestigious member of the American Dental Association and the founder of Cunning Dental Group.
Today, Cunning Dental Group is a top choice for cosmetic dentistry and a leading provider of root canal treatment in Montclair, CA and the surrounding cities. Our skilled endodontists have a clear vision of success: to restore and improve the natural beauty of your smile.
Root Canal video (click video to play)
At the center of your tooth is what dentists call the pulp. The pulp is a collection of nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissues that help build the surrounding tooth. Deep cavities, broken teeth, repeated dental procedures, and trauma to the tooth can cause damage and infection to the pulp — a condition only root canal therapy can resolve. Here at Cunning Dental Group, we regularly perform root canal endodontic treatment to save our patients’ teeth.
The consequences of neglecting a root canal infection include:
- Developing a pus-filled pocket at the root (abscessed tooth)
- Swelling that may spread to the neck, head, or face
- Bone loss around the tip of the root
- Bad breath as a result of deep decay
- Drainage problems extending from the root to the gums or cheek
Never ignore the following signs of a root canal infection:
- Severe pain when eating or applying pressure to teeth
- Sensitivity to hot or cold that stays after removing the stimuli
- Irregular sensitivity to sweets
- Darkening of a tooth
- Swelling and tenderness in nearby gums
- A persistent pimple-like bump on the gum area
Sometimes, no root canal symptoms are present. We invite you to schedule regular check-ups to ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy.
Our process of relieving root canal pain involves these essential steps:
Repairing the natural tooth with endodontic treatment has many advantages:
Root canal treatment in Montclair, CA and its neighboring cities have high success rates. Approximately 90 to 95 percent of patients who undergo root canal therapy can expect a functional tooth after the procedure. The treated tooth should last for years or even a lifetime, provided that you maintain good oral hygiene and schedule routine visits at Cunning Dental Group. Our standard of excellence in dental care enables us to prevent the recurrence of infection.
Dental anxiety associated with root canals is common, but there are ways to help you manage it:
- Focus on your breathing. Steady breathing can reduce your heart rate and eliminate feelings of panic.
- Distract yourself with music. Music can soothe your aggravated nerves and help drown out the noises of a root canal procedure. Bring your headphones and music.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages. Caffeine stimulates your “fight or flight” response, and studies show that this can trigger an anxiety attack.
- Ask your dentist about IV sedation. If you have dental phobia or severe dental anxiety, we may perform sleep dentistry to help calm you.
- Gain knowledge. Learning more about root canal therapy and its teeth-saving benefits can help ease some of your worries.
Did you know What are the Myths About Root Canals?
Before you consider extraction in fear of “painful” root canal procedures, we encourage you to look at these top root canal misconceptions and learn the truth:
Myth: Root canal treatment is painful.
Truth: Root canal treatment does not cause pain, it relieves it.
Myth: Root canal treatment causes illness.
Truth: There is no recent nor valid scientific evidence linking endodontics and diseases elsewhere in the body.
Myth: A better alternative to root canal treatment is pulling the tooth out.
Truth: Saving your natural tooth, if possible, is always the best option.
We are passionate about saving your natural teeth as we strive to provide: