Teeth Bonding in Southern California
See a Remarkable Change in 60 Minutes or Less
A CAPTIVATING SMILE GUARANTEED —
CALL (855) 328-6646 NOW
I have been coming to Cunning dental for over 3 years now and I couldn’t be happier. The office is very organized and in order. The staff is very professional and tend to go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. The dentist are all great and very knowledgeable and truly take their time to explain the procedures to you.
About Cunning Dental
Giving you the confidence to flash those pearly whites!
Here at Cunning Dental Group, our highly-rated dental specialists offer a complete selection of general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, and preventive services to residents in southern California. Whether your teeth are decayed, fractured, or discolored — consider us your “one-stop-shop” for dental maladies. Your smile is our passion, always.
Since Dr. Ronald Cunning’s founding in 1968 in Montclair, we have expanded with additional state-of-the-art facilities in San Diego and Orange County. Today, we are a leading choice for teeth bonding in Southern California, as well as for other specialized dentistry work.
What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is one of the most cost-effective procedures in dentistry and is recommended for patients with a variety of functional and esthetic issues.
Cunning Dental Group offers the highest quality teeth bonding in California. A popular restorative procedure at our practice, dental bonding repairs a defect or imperfection within a tooth. The application of a tooth-colored composite resin (soft plastic substance), also known as white filling, fixes a decayed, cracked, or chipped tooth. This procedure can likewise close gaps in between teeth and increase the size of a tooth. For example, maybe you have one tooth that is shorter than the others, and you want them all to appear even or be the same length.
How Do I Know If Teeth Bonding is Right for Me?
Dental bonding may be an option for you if you have:
- Tooth decay or erosion
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Disproportionate teeth
- Fractured molars
- Small gaps in between teeth
Schedule An Appointment
with Cunning Dental Group
What is the Dental Bonding Procedure?
Here is a detailed description of what to expect during a teeth bonding procedure:
- Step 1: Your top dentists in Montclair will use a shade guide to select a composite resin that closely matches the color of your natural teeth.
- Step 2: The surface of your teeth is gently etched and then coated with a conditioning liquid. This process ensures the bonding adheres properly.
- Step 3: The tooth-colored, putty-like resin is applied to your teeth.
- Step 4: Your dentist will sculpt and smooth the resin into the desired shape on the tooth.
- Step 5: The use of a unique, high-intensity blue light allows the resin to harden and “bond” to the surface of the tooth.
- Step 6: Once set in place, your dentist will polish the tooth to ensure it matches the shine of your natural teeth.
What are the Advantages of Dental Bonding in California?
Besides being one of the simplest and most cost-effective cosmetic dentistry procedures, other benefits of dental bonding include:
How Do I Care for Bonded Teeth?
Taking excellent care of your teeth plays an important role in extending the life of a bonded tooth. Some self-care tips include:
- Brushing with fluoride toothpaste twice daily
- Flossing once a day
- Avoiding sugar and sticky treats
- Avoiding foods and drinks that can stain your dental bonding
- Avoiding smoking or chewing tobacco
- Undergoing dental cleanings every six months
Dental bonding material is fragile and can chip or break under certain conditions. Therefore, aside from following our self-care tips, it also helps to stop habits that can damage bonded teeth. These include chewing on ice, biting your nails, using your teeth as tools and eating hard foods.
Holding Me Back: How Do I Overcome Dental Fears?
Fear of the dentist can sentence you to a lifetime of poor oral health. If you are anxious about an upcoming dental bonding procedure, try these tips to alleviate your worries:
- Visit our clinic on a low-stress day. Schedule your teeth bonding procedure early in the day or on a day when you are less under pressure.
- Do not drink coffee before your appointment. While caffeine is a stimulant that gives you a burst of energy, it can also increase feelings of nervousness.
- Don’t feel embarrassed about your teeth. Relax! Remember that it’s our job to repair damaged teeth and to help you feel confident about them.
- Listen to a soothing playlist. If the sound of dentistry equipment bothers you, tune out the noise by plugging in your earphones.
- Consider sleep dentistry. Here at Cunning Dental Group, we offer sedation dentistry to help patients relax during dental procedures.
As top dentists in California, we are committed to providing: