Teeth Cleaning in Southern California
A crucial part of maintaining good oral health
“Why do I need professional dental cleaning services?” There are 700 reasons. 700 is the number of bacterial species inhabiting your mouth, including your inner cheeks, in between the spaces of your teeth and gums, tongue, and every other surface in your oral cavity. Fighting the bacteria every three to six months with our professional teeth cleaning prevents toxins, acids, and gases produced by bacteria from wreaking havoc in your mouth.
Reason #701. The bacteria in your mouth can travel throughout your circulatory system, including your brain. In the last 25 years, research has shown that these bacteria can also damage the cells lining the arteries, which can lead to chest pains and even heart attacks.
Cunning Dental Group’s Teeth Cleaning to the Rescue
Since 1968, our practice has been making smiles great with extensive dental care services, including general and cosmetic dentistry. When you visit our office for teeth cleaning, rest assured that only a registered and licensed dental hygienist will administer the procedure you need. It is our goal to give you that clean “fresh from the dentist” feel after each appointment.
Brushing and Flossing Are Not Enough
Professional dental cleaning is considerably more thorough and effective than toothbrushes and dental floss combined. Our dental hygienist uses special instruments to remove invisible, sticky plaque and hard, gum disease-causing tartar from your teeth and gum line. Tooth brushing and flossing, although essential for an overall healthy mouth, cannot remove plaque once it solidifies.
Oral Hygiene video (click video to play)
Take a closer look at how regular preventive dental cleaning benefits your smile:
- No cavities and periodontal disease. Plaque and tartar buildup above and below your gum line can cause serious dental problems. Unfortunately, as mentioned earlier, brushing and flossing cannot eliminate all bacteria, debris, and deposits from your gum pockets. Only the experienced eye of our dental hygienist can detect and remove damaging buildup.
- Have a bright, beautiful smile. Discoloration can ruin the aesthetic of your smile. Regular teeth cleanings can correct the appearance of stained or yellowing teeth.
- Say goodbye to bad breath. Halitosis is a general sign of advancing periodontitis. Accumulation of corroding food particles (usually below the gum line) and possible gangrene due to an underlying infection can cause halitosis. Removing plaque, calcified deposits, and bacterial buildup can help you maintain fresher breath.
Keep in mind that bacteria traveling in your cardiovascular system can cause or increase the risk of developing life-threatening health issues such as diabetes, dementia, heart attacks, strokes, and even premature childbirth among women. Routine teeth cleanings may help reduce such risks.
Your teeth cleaning in California will include:
- Oral Health Examination. Our team will use an X-ray to take images of your head and neck, teeth, gums, tongue, and entire mouth area. The images produced will help identify any issues with your oral health. We will also assess your medical history to determine whether a previous or existing health condition could interfere with any treatments you need.
- Plaque Removal. Specialized dental equipment will allow us to find and address areas with plaque buildup.
- Tartar Removal. Once plaque settles along the gum line and hardens into a yellowish, cement-like substance called tartar or calculus, we need to remove it as soon as possible to prevent the onset of gingivitis.
- Teeth Polishing. Once our dental hygienist removes plaque and calculus from your teeth, we will proceed with polishing your pearly whites using professional instruments. The process involves removing any remaining bacterial buildup, which leaves your teeth clean and bright.
- Fluoride Treatment and Desensitization. Though optional, our dentist can use a fluoride treatment to strengthen your teeth and prevent or stop tooth demineralization.
- Sealant Placement. Helping prevent tooth decay, a sealant is a resin material used to fill deep grooves on the biting surfaces of molars and premolars. During your appointment, ask our hygienist if dental sealants are right for you.
- Oral Hygiene Instructions. Based on the general disposition of your teeth and gums, our dentist will create a personalized oral hygiene program for you. From a detailed oral care roadmap to advice on dental health concerns, such as quitting smoking and lowering sugar intake, Cunning Dental Group is happy to help you maintain the health and beauty of your smile.
Ensure to have your teeth professionally cleaned every six months to stop tooth decay and gum disease in their tracks, especially since they are the leading causes of tooth loss in adults.
If you have gum disease or any other dental problem, you will need to drop by more often. We recommend periodontitis patients come in for a tooth cleaning every three to four months.
Experience the best preventive tool against dental problems — Call (855) 328-6646 Now
Excellent service, Jeremy is the best on cleaning. He’s cares about his patients I have used them over 20yrs now I highly recommend this dentistry 5 star rating. Ck em out and see.
- H.C. on yelp
Additional Reasons to Get Professional Teeth Cleaning
There’s more. Since our team will examine all angles of your head and neck, we can detect and offer immediate resolutions to:
If we notice any of these problems, we can make treatment recommendations or refer you to the appropriate healthcare professional. Our mission is to not only improve the aesthetics of your smile, but to also ensure that your overall health is in good condition.
Meet Your Forever Dentist in the Golden State
Cunning Dental Group’s hygienists and other dental specialists are highly trained, licensed professionals who have been perfecting the smiles of Californians since 1968. Our main objective includes maintaining good oral health by identifying the early signs of dental caries, gingivitis, and oral cancers. Our team also acts as advisers in developing each patient’s oral care routine. If this is the level of care and professionalism you seek, we are the lifetime dentists you need.
Solution Cunning Dental Group patients love how clean and fresh their mouth feels after a thorough cleaning.
When was your last dental cleaning?
If you don’t even remember, then it’s long overdue. Call (855) 328-6646 today to schedule an appointment with a dental hygienist in Southern California.